Week 1 Reflection

This week has flown by. I didn't even fully know what I was getting myself into when I first stepped foot onto the Fifel land. We were treated by puppies, pigs, cows, goats, and Nimbway the horse. Trask got us familiar with the estate and we got to work. 

Day 1 we began by clearing a patch for dogs to run around in. It was a little overgrown and had fallen branches all over. We got it finished and started on our Christmas tree plot. We dug up about 100 saplings and put them in a bucket of water. We spent a lot of time measuring, digging holes, and planting the saplings. Next, we started to clear a trail to the sugar bush. We go in with hatchets and saws and clear all the trees and brush. 

This week has been awesome. We have gotten to know the farm and the animals. I look forward to next week when we reach the sugar bush and can drive the mule all the way there. I don't know what the next project will be but I am excited. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #7

Day#1

Day#9